Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bootiful Occasions... Take Two

Yesterday I posted the first of four cards I made with the Bootiful Occasions stamp set.  I finished all the cards up today, my last full day of vacation in Branson.   As my second card share, I decided on this one, my husband's pick of the four.  This one really tested my patience at 11:00 Friday night, but mainly because I am a perfectionist, and had to have just the right colors in just the right places, and  am just learning about my Stampin' Write Markers.  


This layout idea was chosen because I had a Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse paper scrap just the right size.  I decided to add the Gumball Green to really pull the color out of the stamped image.  I thought that 3/16" Corner Punch to round the edges would be a nice way to step down the colors and to draw the eye down to the image. This little rain boot stamp is SO cute!!!  And what a nice little saying for someone that is going thru some difficulty.   As my favorite Barry Manilow song says, "I made it thru the rain..."

While I had a card base in Raspberry Ripple, I still liked the lighter tone of Primrose Petals for "coloring" the clouds and adding the ribbon.  By doing this, I was able to use all of the colors in our 2012-2014 In Color Collection, and what a beautiful pallet it is.   Have a mentioned how much I like the new Ribbon Slides?  Well, I do :-)  For the final touch, I connected the three background colors and ran them all thru the Big Shot, using the Fancy Fan Folder (it reminded me of clouds) all at one time!  This is a technique you will see again in the next couple of posts!  I am really liking it.

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you like this post, please leave a comment, and share it with your friends on facebook or Pinterest. Glad I could share My Therapy with you!! ~~ Bobbi

2 comments:

  1. I really like the colors together in this card and the embossing. I also like that thing with the ribbon (the slide?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! Yes, that is a ribbon slide from our Holiday Catalog. I am becoming addicted to them! They were on my card yesterday, and will be on the one I share Tuesday as well. I would love to add some to your October order :-)

      Delete